Each year Maine Township awards grants to various social service agencies in need of funding to supplement their programs that benefit our community. Maine Township allocates these funds for local non-profit agencies to help address critical needs of Township residents. To be eligible, agencies must meet all eligibility requirements and complete the application process.
To be eligible for funding an agency must:
- be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in operation for a minimum of one fiscal year
- provide direct services to Maine Township residents
- have appropriate non-profit infrastructure in place that ensures accountability and performance to its clients and funders
- meet one or more of Maine Township’s identified funding priorities including mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, developmental disabilities, seniors, youth, and economically challenged families
Agency funding hearings will take place during September and October with funding decisions typically being made at the December board meeting. Dates for 2017 funding hearings are September 19, October 18, and October 26 starting at 6:00 PM at the Maine Township Town Hall, 1700 Ballard Road in Park Ridge. All presenting agencies will have fifteen minutes to present. The public is welcome to attend, but due to time constraints, there is no public participation.
Each agency requesting funding from Maine Township must submit a grant application. Agencies should use the instructions provided to guide them through the process. The application deadline for fiscal year 2018-19 funding is Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 5 pm.
- Avenues to Independence
- Center for Enriched Living
- Center of Concern
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- District 63 Education Foundation – Expanded Learning
- Family Behavioral Health Clinic
- FISH of Park Ridge
- The Harbour, Inc.
- The Josselyn Center
- Keystone Foundation/Glenkirk
- Leyden Family Service and Mental Health Center
- Life Span
- Miracle House
- North Shore Senior Center
- Northwest CASA
- Northwest Compass, Inc. (formerly CEDA Northwest)
- Northwest Suburban Day Care Center
- Older Adult Services Home Delivered Meals
- Peer Services
- Resources for Community Living
- Search, Inc.
- Turning Point
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Oksana Bukaczyk, Maine Township Agency and Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-297-2510 x275.