Maine Township's 17th annual 80-family Community Garage Sale will be held, rain or shine, on September 9, 2023 from 9 am – 3 pm in the parking lot of Maine Township Town Hall, 1700 Ballard Road, Park Ridge. Space reservations for Maine Township residents will be accepted in person beginning August 1, 2023 at 9 am and on August 8, 2023 at 9 am for all others. Spaces are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and always sell out quickly.
All shoppers can register to win one of two children's bicycles that will be given away. Free coffee will be provided courtesy of Maine Township Supervisor Karen J. Dimond, and donuts and lunch items will be available to purchase. Don't miss this popular event filled with bargains and fun for the whole family!
The event is organized by the MaineStay Youth & Family Services Department of Maine Township and is sponsored this year by Journal & Topics Newspapers, Chicago Behavioral Hospital, Parkway Bank, State Senator Laura Murphy, International Bank of Chicago, State Representative Michelle Mussman, and Garvey's Office Products.
All proceeds from the event benefit the Adventure Maine Township Summer Camp. This camp program, coordinated by the Township’s MaineStay division since 2004, provides at-risk youth who qualify based on family income the opportunity to participate in safe, fun, and educational experiences to which they may not otherwise have access.
How to Get Involved
- Reserve a space to sell your own treasures
- Become a sponsor to help promote your business
- Make a financial donation
- Come by to shop on the day of the sale
Interested in becoming a sponsor? View our sponsorship levels and fill out a sponsorship commitment form. Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support of this event:
- Journal & Topics Newspapers
- Chicago Behavioral Hospital
- Parkway Bank
- State Senator Laura Murphy
- International Bank of Chicago
- State Representative Michelle Mussman
- Garvey's Office Products
To reserve a space you will need to fill out a registration form. There are no refunds on spaces once purchased for any reason. Spaces are available for the following fees:
- $30 for 8′ x 16′ outdoor space
- $35 for 8′ x 16′ premium outdoor space (extra space on grassy area)
- Table rentals are available for $10 additional in advance or $20 the day of the sale (based on availability)
- $75 for indoor space inside the garage (fee includes table rental)