Maine Township is committed to the health and safety of our community. We are closely monitoring information about COVID-19 and taking precautions. “Our commitment to Maine Township is of the utmost importance and we will continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis” said Supervisor Laura Morask.
The Maine Township General Assistance office will be canceling all non-time sensitive appointments for the month of March. Our LIHEAP program runs through the end of May so there is no reason to worry if your appointment is pushed to April. This will also include appointments regarding Medicare, Benefit Access and Public Aid. General Assistance will be offering emergency supplemental assistance for qualified residents as needed on a case by case basis in the form of Aldi gift cards. We will not be accepting appointments to assist with in person Public Aid applications until further notice. However, you can still pick up a Public Aid application at our office to fill out at home and/or print out the online application found at https://abe.illinois.gov/abe/access/accessController?id=0.32071171459873404
General Assistance current clients have been contacted by their case managers and should call with any questions. Any new applicants should please call and leave your name, and number and one of our case managers will ensure you receive an application in a manner that does not endanger anyone. All LIHEAP, Benefit Access, Access to Care, and Medicare appointments are suspended until further notice.
If you need additional assistance, please call our General Assistance office at 847-297-2510 ext. 236 as there may be other programs and services available for qualified residents.
According to Supervisor Laura Morask, “Any township resident in need of non-perishable food can come and visit Town Hall and receive a box of food from our Food Pantry.” Residents can come during normal business hours.
In our MaineStreamers Department, we will be canceling all programs through the end of March. Again, this is a precautionary measure and our first priority is the safety of our members. See the following list of canceled programs:
- March 11th – Movie of the Month (Townhall)
- March 16th – Senior Aerobics (Feldman Center), Matter of Balance (Townhall), Yoga (Townhall)
- March 17th – Chair Yoga (Feldman Center), Zumba Gold (Feldman Center), Luncheon (Chateau Ritz)
- March 18th – Day Trip (Muenster, IN), Senior Aerobics (Feldman Center)
- March 23rd – Matter of Balance (Townhall), Yoga (Townhall), Twilight Dining (Sunrise Grill)
- March 25th – Social Pinochle (Townhall), Pinochle Tournament (Townhall)
- March 26th – Men’s Breakfast (Sunrise Grill)
- March 27th – America’s First Ladies (Club Casa)
- March 29th – Day Trip (House of Blues)
- March 30th – Senior Aerobics (Feldman Center), Matter of Balance (Townhall), Computer Workshop (Townhall), Yoga (Townhall)
- March 31st – Chair Yoga (Feldman Center), Zumba Gold (Feldman Center)
MaineStay Youth & Family Services, will also be suspending several of their programs through the month. These will include:
- 3/12 Future Leaders Emerson
- 3/12 Future Leaders Park District
- 3/12 Anger Management Group
- 3/16 Art in the Town
- 3/24 Mentoring
- 3/30 Art in the Town
Residents are encouraged to use common sense when deciding whether or not to come to Town Hall for routine services that are not time-sensitive, especially if you are in a vulnerable immune compromised group. We encourage you to please call first to see if we can help you over the phone or online. Our township department heads will be proactively reaching out to their members to check in and alert about program cancellations.
We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and update our policies and procedures as necessary. We encourage our residents to practice every day preventative actions, such as frequent hand washing, hand sanitizer use, covering coughs and sneezes and staying home when sick.
For information about other services provided by Maine Township visit www.mainetown.com or call (847) 297-2510.