Latest 2022 Exemption Form Information
If you need assistance after your application arrives, please contact us at 224-257-4830.
2022 Exemption Application Mailing Timeline
First mailing should be received by the 3rd week of April:
- Senior Freeze Renewal - Residents must submit forms.
- Senior Exemption - Postcard confirmation of Exemption, no action required.
- Persons with Disabilities - Postcard confirmation of Exemption, no action required.
Second mailing should be received by the 3rd week of May:
- New Homeowner Exemption Booklet for Homes purchased in 2021 - Residents must submit forms.
- Veterans with Disabilities Renewal - Residents must submit forms with an updated VA letter.
Taxpayers applying for the first time for the Homeowner, Senior Citizen, Senior Freeze or Disabled Homeowner Exemptions will find these applications on the Cook County Assessor's Office website at the end of April. A Homeowner's Exemption automatically renews, unless there is a change in the deed.