Agency Program Funding
Each year Maine Township awards grants to various social service agencies in need of funding to supplement their programs that benefit our community. Maine Township allocates these funds for local non-profit agencies to help address critical needs of Township residents. To be eligible, agencies must meet all eligibility requirements and complete the application process.
To be eligible for funding an agency must:
- be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in operation for a minimum of one fiscal year
- provide direct services to Maine Township residents
- have appropriate non-profit infrastructure in place that ensures accountability and performance to its clients and funders
- meet one or more of Maine Township’s identified funding priorities including mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, developmental disabilities, seniors, youth, and economically challenged families
Agency Funding Hearings
2019 Agency Funding Hearings were held on October 1 at 6 pm, October 29 at 6:30 pm, and November 4 at 6:30 pm at the Maine Township Town Hall, 1700 Ballard Road in Park Ridge. Funding decisions are typically made at the December board meeting. All agencies applying for funding have fifteen minutes to present. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Each agency requesting funding from Maine Township must submit a grant application, which will be available starting on August 3, 2020. Agencies should use the instructions provided to guide them through the process. The application deadline for fiscal year 2021-22 funding is Monday, August 31, 2020 at 5 pm. Any applications received past the deadline will be automatically disqualified. No exceptions will be made.
Currently Funded Agencies
- Avenues to Independence
- Catholic Charities
- Center for Enriched Living
- Center of Concern
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- Connections for the Homeless
- District 63 Education Foundation – Expanded Learning
- Family Behavioral Health Clinic
- FISH of Park Ridge
- The Harbour, Inc.
- The Josselyn Center
- Leyden Family Service and Mental Health Center
- Life Span
- Miracle House
- MCYAF (Maine Community Youth Assistance Foundation)
- Northwest CASA
- Northwest Suburban Day Care Center
- Older Adult Services Home Delivered Meals
- Open Communities
- Orchard Village
- Peer Services
- Search, Inc.
- Turning Point
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Kristina Christie, Maine Township Agency and Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or 847-297-2510 x241.