Maine Township’s MaineStay Youth & Family Services in Park Ridge is seeking to hire a full-time Family Therapist. This position requires a master’s degree in marriage and family therapy, counseling, psychology, or a related field; experience working with youth and families; excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills; and the ability to work day and evening hours. LPC/LCPC, AMFT/LMFT, LSW/LCSW license (or working towards licensure) required. Excellent benefits. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to MaineStay Director Richard Lyon at email@example.com.
Office of Emergency Management Director
Maine Township is seeking a part time director for the Office of Emergency Management (OEM).
Maine Township’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is prepared to respond to a wide range of calamities by assuring the continuity of Maine Township Government and by serving as a support and coordination post for emergency aid personnel.
Moreover, the Maine Township OEM has a comprehensive Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) in place that addresses the Township’s response to a variety of disaster scenarios. The Township OEM assigns responsibilities to each Township department as well as to private and government agencies that might respond. While the OEM’s primary area of concern is the unincorporated area, it has cooperative agreements in place with several surrounding municipalities and can provide assistance for any area in Illinois.
In the event of a community emergency or disaster, Maine Township OEM will coordinate shelter and evacuation information, damage assessment and recovery information. The North Maine Fire Protection District, Cook County Sheriff Department, Maine Township Highway Department, Maine Township Code Enforcement, Red Cross and Salvation Army are just a few of the emergency response agencies that Maine Township will coordinate with in case of disaster.
The position of the Director (Dir) will be that of a part time paid employee of Maine Township reporting directly to the Township Administrator with collateral reporting to the Township Supervisor. This position will be the primary level of responsibility within the agency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the oversight of day-to-day operations for the agency
- Support the Township Supervisor and the Township Administrator in all matters related to disaster preparedness, response and recovery for the township
- Assumption of overall agency command
- Assist with the running of meetings
- Will enforce all policies and practices of the agency per their guidelines
- Will work to ensure the safety of all volunteers when on activities or emergency callouts through activity briefings, activity oversight and preparatory training information
- To work with peer agencies and other local officials within Maine Township or in the community that have requested assistance, as well as communities or agencies that have requested assistance through the County of Cook, Department Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) or the State of Illinois directly as to reflect the knowledge and professionalism of the agency
- To work as lead or liaison with sponsored groups of the Maine Township Citizen Corps Council like Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Maine Township Medical Reserve Corp (MRC) and others
- To act as agency representative/advisor at meetings or briefings of project programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maine Township is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
You may also want to explore the following resources to assist you in your employment search.