MaineStreamers is a social group for seniors. The mission of MaineStreamers is to enhance the quality of life for residents 55 years of age and older by providing educational programs and recreational activities that encourage socialization, learning, independence, self-esteem, and dignity. Membership is free and open to all Maine Township residents.
Feedback from Past Participants
- “MaineStreamers has added to my ZEST for life. We love going on the day trips and making new friends.”
– Kathy Menzer and Betty Leahy, Park Ridge
- “MaineStreamers has provided me with a variety of activities, program and a social community to belong to.”
- “Participation in events and programs offered by the MaineStreamers help seniors to become members of an extended family.”
– Norma Tsuhako, Des Plaines
Become a Member
If you want to be an active person and desire the company of your peers, then MaineStreamers is for you! We invite all township residents 55 and older to apply for membership, which includes a free subscription to the MaineStreamers newsletter. The newsletter details all activities for the next two months. Membership is free. Members pay only for the activities in which they choose to participate.
The MaineStreamers bi-monthly newsletter highlights upcoming events as well as opportunities to participate in a variety of activities, often at no cost or for a nominal fee. You can view recent issues below or view past issues here.
MaineStreamers participate in a wide variety of social, recreational, fitness, informative, and educational activities.
Travel with MaineStreamers to some of the most beautiful destinations in North America with American Classic Tours, Inc. featuring exceptional hotels, superb cuisine and magnificent attractions. American Classic Tours integrate history, art, architecture, cuisine, and entertainment.
You can view photos and highlights from some of our past events.