- Our office is open from 9 am to 4 pm Monday-Friday.
- Our direct phone number is 224-257-4830.
This office serves the needs of Maine Township residents by offering many different services. With all the budget cuts being done at Cook County, their service to residents has decreased. At Maine Township we excel in going above and beyond to help our residents with questions related to their property taxes. Our office assists taxpayers in completing applications for all property tax exemptions. We also advise and assist residents in completing residential appeals to the Cook County Assessor and Cook County Board of Review. Additionally, we help residents review their property tax bills and answer questions specific to the bills.
Property Tax Appeal
If you believe your assessed valuation is too high, you can file an appeal, and have the Cook County Assessor or Board of Review reassess your property. Our office will help you in filing your appeal. You do not need an attorney.
Property Tax Exemptions
Property tax exemptions are an important way to save money on yearly property tax bills. There are several types of residential property tax exemptions.
Property Tax Bill
In Cook County, the due date for the First Installment Property tax is usually the first business day in March. The First Installment is simply a down payment of 55% of the prior year’s tax bill. The Second Installment due date varies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions.
- Cook County Assessor
- Cook County Board of Review
- Cook County Building and Zoning for Unincorporated Properties
- Cook County Clerk
- Cook County Treasurer
- Cook County Property Tax Portal
- Federal Emergency Management Agency – Flood Zones
- Maine Township Assessor: 847-297-2510
- Cook County Assessor: 312-603-5300
- Cook County Board of Review: 312-603-5542
- Cook County Clerk: 312-603-5645
- Cook County Treasurer: 312-443-5100
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board: 217-782-6076
- Cook County Recorder of Deeds: 312-603-5050
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (Flood Map Service): 800-621-3362
- Cook County Recordings Department: 312-603-5050